Below, you will find links to websites we have found informative and useful
in property rights and resources issues.
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - L -
M - N - O - P - R - S - T - U - V - W
New Links re: Tribal Casino Issue
One Nation United
One Nation United represents thousands of working Americans who feel misguided federal policy is driving Americans apart by fueling divisiveness between tribal governments and their neighbors.
United Property Owners
UPO is a nonpartisan, nonprofit umbrella organization representing more than 78,000 individual citizens, elected officials, local governments, property owner groups, small businesses, and trade associations from across the country, who joined together in 1989 in a mutual effort to defend our constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties and property rights.
- Accuracy in Media
- A news media watchdog group that challenges and correct the biased reporting of the American press.
- Adams Report
- The Adam's Report exists to inform and inspire the people of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont in their common efforts to preserve the freedom and unique heritage of the Northern New England way of life for the 21st century.
- Agriculture World
- Provides links to the agricultural community. Custom web sites built to suit the needs of agricultural businesses, producers and breeders. Existing web sites linked.
- Alabama Family Alliance
- A research and education organization that embraces and promotes the principles of free markets and limited constitutional government as envisioned by the Founding Fathers. AFA's guiding philosophy is that public policy is family policy and that strong families are indispensable to the preservation of a free and prosperous society.
- Alaska Forest Association
- A non-profit organization representing nearly 300 companies in the Alaska forest products industry. The mission of the organization is to promote a healthy, growing forest-based industry in Alaska and to provide cost effective insurance and pension benefits and other services as determined by the membership.
- Alaska Miners Association
- The Alaska Miners Association is a non-profit corporation headquartered in Anchorage with a branch office in Fairbanks and Juneau. Chapters are located in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Juneau, Denali, and Nome. The association works to promote the mining industry in Alaska. It advocates the development and use of Alaska's mineral resources to provide an economic base for the State.
- Alliance for America
- A coalition of grassroots organizations concerned with protecting the constitution, property rights, and humans and the environment.
- America's Voice TV
- Now, one television network gives Americans the opportunity to stand up and be counted. America's Voice keeps Washington in touch with America, providing an interactive forum for the American people and their elected officials.
- American Agri-Women
- We, as women's agricultural organizations and individuals, unite to communicate with one another and with other consumers to promote agriculture for the benefit of the American people and the world.
- American Association of Small Property Owners
- A national grassroots organization of landlords, property owners and real estate investors committed to restoring common sense to regulations.
- American Conservative Union
- The nation's oldest conservative lobbying organization. ACU's purpose is to effectively communicate and advance the goals and principles of conservatism through one multi-issue, umbrella organization. ACU supports capitalism, a belief in the doctrine of original intent of the framers of the Constitution, confidence in traditional moral values, and a commitment to a strong national defense.
- American Council for Capital Formation and ACCF Center for Policy Research
- Economic growth through sound tax, regulatory, and environmental policies.
- American Enterprise Institute
- Dedicated to preserving and strengthening the foundations of freedom--limited government, private enterprise, vital cultural and political institutions, and a strong foreign policy and national defense--through scholarly research, open debate, and publications.
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
- The nation's largest non-partisan, individual membership association of state legislators. Founded in 1973, ALEC is dedicated to developing and advancing policies based on the Jeffersonian principles of individual liberty, limited government, federalism and free markets.
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- The nation's largest general farm organization
- American Forest & Paper Association
- The national forest products industry trade association, including pulp, paper, paperboard and all wood products industries.
- American Loggers Solidarity
- Representing people whose lives have been forever changed by application of laws that place the welfare of plants and animals above the welfare of families and communities and to educate the public in regards to natural resource issues.
- American Policy Center
- APC advocates the free market as the best system yet devised to guarantee basic human needs. The free market, through its inherent system of checks and balances, including ownership of private property, is the best method for creating wealth, full employment, goods and services and protecting the environment. The Center's approach to establishing free market policy is rooted in the conviction that a well-informed American public is the best guarantee that US policy will be guided by a keen awareness of the complexity of world politics and America's role in it.
- Americans for Tax Reform
- A national clearinghouse for the grassroots taxpayers' movement. ATR opposes all tax increases as a matter of principle. Supports tax reform which makes taxes fairer, flatter, more visible, and lower.
- American Sheep Industry Association
- ASI is a producer-powered federation of state organizations dedicated to the common goal of promoting the well being and profitability of the sheep industry in the United States. Together, ASI and the state organizations develop and present programs of the highest quality, integrity and dependability as the national voice of the sheep industry
- The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
- As Maine Goes
- An open web forum. Topics include government land grabs; eminent domain issues, and land grabbing assaults as they especially impact rural Americans, their homes, their families, their jobs.
- Blue Ribbon Coalition
- Stresses user cooperation rather than user conflict so that trails throughout the US can be shared. Their motto, "Preserving natural resources FOR the public instead of FROM the public."
- California Forestry Association
- Forest products trade association committed to sound policies, sustainable use of renewable resources and responsible forestry enhancing the health of California's forests.
- Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise
- A meeting place for the free enterprise community. A worldwide conversation on personal and economic freedom.
- Center for the New West
- To advance America's enterprise economy and the strength and vitality of its civic organizations. They seek market-oriented solutions to public policy problems - in areas including energy, the environment, education, telecommunications and economic and infrastructure development.
- Center for Private Conservation
- Created in 1995 to promote and acknowledge voluntary efforts to advance environmental objectives. The CPC has taken the important role of researching, analyzing and promoting the public benefits of private conservation and stewardship in the United States and around the world.
- Citizens for Private Property Rights
- The purpose of CPPR is to educate the public concerning civil and constitutional rights affecting private property.
- Citizens for a Sound Economy
- Advocates market-based solutions to public policy problems.
- Citizens for the Protection of Property Rights
- C.P.P.R. pledges to fully support all landowners who seek legal action to preserve and protect their property rights and who seek monetary compensation for their loss of privacy, depreciation of land values and/or subjection to crime, liability, vandalism or property damage.
- Claremont Institute
- The Claremont Institute finds the answers to America's problems in the principles on which our nation was founded. To recover the Founding principles in our political life means recovering a limited and accounted government that respects private property, promotes stable family life and maintains a strong defense.
- Coalition of Arizona/New Mexico Counties
- "Working together for responsible management; We are very concerned with proper land planning, management and uses."
- Coalition of Landlords, Homeowners and Merchants
- Columbia River Alliance
- People from throughout the Northwest in support of the philosophy of a balance of economic, biological, cultural and social needs of the Columbia and Snake Rivers system.
- Common Sense for Maine Forest
- Concerns with forestry issues in the state of Maine.
- Communities for a Great Northwest
- Formed in 1988 as a non-profit education and information organization, CGNW has given voice to the concerns of those who live in, work in and play in the environment of the Northwest. They attempt to inject common sense into resource management.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- A pro-market, public policy group based in Washington DC committed to advancing the principles of free enterprise and limited government. Founded in 1984, CEI emphasizes the marketing and implementation of classical Libertarian ideals.
- Concerned Alaskans for Resources and the Environment (C.A.R.E.)
- Grassroots organization of citizens, small business and industry throughout Alaska supporting all resource development timber, fishing, mining, oil and gas, agriculture, and recreation.
- Defenders of Property Rights
- Defenders of Property is the only national public interest law foundation devoted exclusively to helping private property owners who have been deprived of their property by government actions. Whether their property was taken through regulation, legislation, or some other bureaucratic action, private property owners can look to Defenders of Property Rights to get relief.
- Douglas Timber Operators
- Natural Resources and Us - Balance, Stewardship, Sustainability With 27.9 million acres of forestland in Oregon, there is a responsibility to ensuring that our forests are managed properly. The controversy surrounding harvesting and replanting practices, forest ecology, mandates and laws governing Oregon's forests and much, much more.
- Most people think of themselves as "environmentalists." But by that term, they mean something far different--and far more innocent--than do the most prominent philosophers, founders, and leaders of the modern environmentalist movement.
- Edwards County Farm Bureau
- The object of this organization shall be to promote the development of the most profitable and permanent system of agriculture possible in the county, and the financial, educational, and social welfare of its inhabitants in every legitimate and practical manner.
- Empower America
- Founded in 1993 by William J. Bennett, Jack Kemp, Jeane Kirkpatrick and Vin Weber, Empower America is a unique combination of public policy institute and political advocacy organization, which formulates and promotes progressive-conservative policies based on the principles of economic growth, international leadership, and cultural renewal.
- Environmental Issues Council
- The Environmental Issues Council was formed in 1993 by a group of national trade associations who saw the need to explore common sense solutions to widely-debated environmental problems. EIC members depend on the land for economic survival. As faithful stewards of the land, we have long recognized the need to balance environmental protection with economic considerations.
- Environmental Perspectives, Inc. (EPI)
- Consulting and information provider on the practical application of stewardship and conservation in environmental protection while avoiding the pseudo-scientific and religious pitfalls in the environmental movement.
- Ethan Allen Institute
- The mission is to influence public policy in Vermont by helping its people to better understand and put into practice the fundamentals of a free society -- individual liberty, private property, competitive free enterprise, limited and frugal government, strong local communities, personal responsibility, and expanded opportunity for human endeavor.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation
- Mission to advance individual liberty, free enterprise and responsible government. Its Governing Principles include: responsible self-governance is the cornerstone of a free society; government must protect the constitutional and inalienable rights of the individual; government's regulatory functions must be minimal and firmly rooted in constitutional authority; and government is to be accountable to the people in all matters.
- Family Business First
- A coalition of nearly 7,500 independently-owned hardwood and softwood lumber, plywood and specialty products manufacturers, forest products wholesalers/retailers, and allied business partners from throughout the nation. The coalition was formed in January 1995 for the purpose of helping meet America's growing demand for wood products, while maintaining healthy forests and stable communities through a strong independent forest products sector.
- Fire Island Year Round Residents Association
- We represent approximately 200 Fire Island Year Round Residents, living, working and fighting the NPS Land Grab philosophy. Fire Island is under Fire Island National Seashore jurisdiction and they are trying to gain control of the entire 32 mile long island.
- Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment (FREE)
- FREE's mission is to advance conservation and environmental values consistent with individual freedom and responsibility. We are intellectual entrepreneurs, developing environmental policies featuring private property rights, market incentives, and voluntary organizations.
- Free Our Parks and Forests
- A not-for-profit organization fighting for free and equal access to our public lands.
- Frontiers of Freedom
- A non-profit, non-partisan research and educational foundation dedicated to defending constitutional rights and promoting a limited government agenda.
- Georgia Public Policy Foundation
- An independent, nonpartisan organization dedicated to keeping all Georgians informed about their government and to providing practical ideas on key public policy issues.
- Gila National Forest Permittee's Association
- Provides an educational forum for members of the Gila National Forest Permittee's Association, and people associated with the Gila National Forest Permittee's Association, to air their views and educate the public about Federal (public) Land users, their problems, their successes, and their history and their projects.
- Heartland Institute
- A non-profit, non-partisan center for public policy research, focusing on free-market solutions to state and local public policy problems.
- Heritage Foundation
- Created to spread the ideas of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.
- Independent Forest Products Association
- Advancing small businesses and stable communities. Through forest management activities that harvest wood, we help stabilize the forest ecosystem by creating and maintaining healthy forests.
- Independent Institute
- A non-profit, non-partisan, scholarly research and educational organization that sponsors comprehensive studies on the political economy of critical public issues.
- Intermountain Forest Industry Association
- An organization of wood products manufacturers, timberland owners and related businesses in the Northern Rockies. The Association develops and implements "solution-oriented" policy agendas aimed at securing a stable and sustainable supply of timber on public and private forest lands.
- International Snowmobile Association
- This snowmobile site provides the consumer, media and public policy leaders with timely and important information about the sport of snowmobiling in North America and Europe. Also includes information on attempts to shut down multiple use of public lands through bans of snowmobiling.
- Isle Royale Boaters Association
- Our Mission is to Educate, Represent, and Promote the Interest of Power and Sail Boaters, Sport Fishermen, Canoeists, Kayakers, Backpackers, and all other Visitors to Isle Royale National Park".
- Landmark Legal Foundation
- Promotes and defends the Constitution and individual liberty. The organization litigates cases involving school choice, private property rights, free enterprise, free speech, and tax limitation.
- Landowners Association of North Dakota (LAND)
- To the preservation of the revenue generating activities of our farmers and ranchers along with their most valuable, renewable resource - Land. To the preservation of our wildlife, environmental, and soil resources through voluntary and compensatory programs. To the preservation of private property rights.
- League of Private Property Voters - Vote Indexes on-line!!
- LPPV has developed and publishes the Private Property Congressional Vote Index, a Congressional scorecard designed to let the public know how each Congressman and Senator voted on important land-use issues.
- Leja Beach Dot Com
- The purpose of the Leja Beach Web Site is to disseminate information about Fire Island that other organizations choose not to publish in print, or on their web sites'. In many instances the articles on this web site are critical of the National Park Service and the Fire Island National Seashore because of their continual attempts to curtail our "land rights."
- Liberty Matters
- 3 national organizations (American Land Foundation, Land Rights Foundation, and Stewards of the Range) have combined efforts to create a service organization connecting grassroots America with public policy institutions and lawmakers to effect legislative and political change.
- Maine Conservation Rights Institute (MECRI)
- Maine's true conservation organization that respects man and nature in productive harmony.
- Michigan Rights Alliance
- Personal liberty and private property rights organization.
- Minnesota Landowners Rights Alliance
- A statewide private property owners organization.
- Montana Resource Providers Coalition
- Grassroots families & their communities who depend on Natural Resources from Private & Public Lands for their economic survival & for their recreation.
- Mountain States Legal Foundation
- Mountain States Legal Foundation is a nonprofit, public interest legal center dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited government, and the free enterprise system. organization.
- National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO)
- Dedicated to principle that private property ownership must be maintained in the hands of citizens and not the government. Interesting Rails to Trails information.
- National Center for Policy Analysis
- A Dallas-based public policy research institute that seeks innovative private-sector solutions to public policy problems.
- National Center for Public Policy Research
- A conservative action foundation that uses research, information dissemination and grassroots/coalition educational programs to develop and illustrate the conservative perspective on national issues.
- National Endangered Species Act Reform Coalition (NESARC)
- Established to convey information about the ESA and why this well intentioned law, which everyone agrees is one of the most important environmental laws ever adopted, needs to be reformed and updated.
- National Future Farmers of America
- Premier leadership, personal growth and career success through Agricultural education.
- National Hardwood Lumber Association
- A non-profit trade association headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, made up of over 1,700 member firms who produce, sell and use hardwood lumber.
- National Association of Home Builders
- NAHB is a federation of more than 800 state and local builders associations throughout the United States. The mission of this Washington, DC-based trade association is to enhance the climate for housing and the building industry, and to promote policies that will keep housing a national priority. Chief among NAHBs goals is providing and expanding opportunities for all consumers to have safe, decent and affordable housing
- National Mining Association
- Organization of coal and minerals producers and users, mining equipment manufacturers, and those in allied industries whose mission it is to create and maintain a wide level of understanding and support for the US mining industry.
- National Wilderness Institute
- A site to keep people informed about common sense ideas covering a variety of environmental issues including endangered species, land use rights and environmental regulations.
- New River Friends (NRF)
- A grassroots coalition of people of the New River Valley in West Virginia.
- Northwest Forestry Association
- Advocates forest management policies to ensure adequate and reliable supplies of timber from public forestlands in the Northwest.
- Northwest Mining Association
- NWMA's purpose is to support and advance the mineral resource and related industries, to represent and inform members on technical, legislative and regulatory issues, to provide for the dissemination of educational materials related to mining, and to foster and promote economic opportunity and environmentally responsible mining.
- Northwest Timber Workers Resource Council
- A non-partisan coalition dedicated to the preservation of jobs and economies through ecologically sound and economically feasible forest management practices.
- Off-Road Network
- Motor recreationists (and everyone) should visit this well-rounded off-road vehicle site. The importance of federal land management is essential for recreational opportunities as well as resource providers.
- See LAND USE ISSUES
- Oregon Lands Coalition
- Putting PEOPLE back into the environmental equation through education of members, general public, the media and Congress in the benefits of active management of our nation's natural resources.
- Outdoor Recreation Network (ORN)
- They emphasize, advocate, and strive to propagate, responsible multiple use and conservation and not advocate or support an "our use is better than your use" position. Also in the ORN network you will find the following:
- The OutdoorWire - The best source for active outdoor recreation including: 4x4, Jeep, 4WD SUV, Truck, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, Mountain Bikes, Boats, Paddle Sports, Hiking, Camping, Climbing and more.
The 4x4Wire - For 4x4, 4WD Truck, & SUV Information
The ATVWire - ATV, Quad, Buggy & More
- A communications channel for Riverside County conservatives. Paul Revere features the writings of prominent local thinkers (such as Trudy Thomas and Dennis Hollingsworth) and legislators. It features voter polls, event calendars, discussion forums on political topics, e-mail alert lists, and finding the appropriate legislators for citizens.
- Pennsylvania Landowners Association
- Committed to environmentally sound land use practices and conservation of our natural resources and believes that private stewardship of land promotes a healthy environment.
- People for the U.S.A.!
- A coalition among interested individuals and groups throughout the US to protect multiple-use on public lands, individual private property rights and resource production.
- People, forest, harmony series provides teachers, educators, parents and concerned citizens with high quality environmental education materials and resources that promote a balanced viewpoint between measures which protect the forest environment and those which enhance the quality of life for all mankind.
- Political Economy Research Center (PERC)
- A market-oriented, think tank focusing on environmental and natural resource issues. Their research and policy analysis covers endangered species, forestry, fisheries, parks, public lands, property rights, Superfund, water and environmental education.
- Progress and Freedom Foundation
- Studies technology and its implications for public policy. The foundation believes the digital revolution is creating changes in society that cause power to migrate away from large, centralized institutions and move closer to the people, and in that sense that it inherently favors personal freedom.
- Property Rights Foundation of America
- A national, grassroots, New York-based not-profit organization dedicated to the right to own and use private property in all its fullness as guaranteed in the United States Constitution. It is known for its events, its publications, and its work with grassroots organizations throughout the United States.
- Pulp & Paperworkers' Resource Council (PPRC)
- A grassroots organization of 300,000+ employees of the nation's pulp, paper and solid wood products and other natural resource-based industries concerned with fiber supply, forest practices, ESA, and other environmental issues.
- Site to assist ranchers in finding information without spending hours looking for it.
- RAPTOR outs & fights land seizure tyranny being promoted through socialist government. Ayn Rand and
Objectivism form the foundation for RAPTOR'S fight.
- Reason Foundation
- A national research and educational organization that explores and promotes the twin values of rationality and freedom as the basic underpinnings of a good society.
- Richard A. Viguerie's Conservative HeadQuarters
- ConservativeHQ.com currently provides users with access to a rich collection of on-line resources including various communications tools and online forums.
- Right of Way
- For the general public and in order to provide an Internet presence for the right of way profession and related infrastructure industries.
- RS-2477 Rights-of-Way
- Complete explanation of public rights-of-way on public lands.
- Rural Cleansing.com was put online shortly after the Klamath Falls issue of 2001. This site and the efforts to inform the public of an insidious movement to eliminate rural heritage and economies is dedicated to every person, every farm and every family moved, closed down and eliminated by the green movement.
- Siskiyou County Farm Bureau
- A local non-governmental, non-partisan, but legislatively active voluntary, grassroots membership organization. Activities support agricultural enterprise and the independent, individualistic Western way of life, with an emphasis upon commitment to the tradition of informed and responsible stewardship of resources.
- Sovereignty International
- Sovereignty International exists to promote the belief that best government is empowered only by the consent of those who are governed. The consent of those who are governed can only be expressed by free and open elections of officials who are exclusively responsible for enacting public policy.
- Stop Taking Our Property - STOPwatch
- Originally a small group of inholders working to save their private property from being incorporated into the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, today STOP remains involved in local and state issues but also networks nationwide with property rights groups and resource providers. Current projects include zoning and wetlands issues.
- Take Back Arkansas
- Strictly a grassroots civic organization of concerned citizens for private property rights.
- Texas Citizens for a Sound Economy
- A grassroots organization of Texans who support free-market solutions to public policy problems. TCSE's members support less government, fewer regulations and lower taxes.
- Texas Justice Foundation
- The Texas Justice Foundation seeks to mobilize Texans to provide, through financial and service contributions, free legal representation in landmark cases to promote limited government, free markets, private property, and parental rights.
- Thoreau Institute
- Inspired both by Henry David Thoreau's love of the natural world and his dislike of big government, the Thoreau Institute seeks ways to protect the environment without regulation, bureaucracy or central control. Tarnished Jewels: The Case for Reforming the Park Service.
- Town Hall
- A leading Washington DC interactive computer network for conservatives. A comprehensive site for conservative policy, ideas and politics.
- T.R.E.E.S - Coastal Chapter
- Supporting the wise, multiple-use of our resource. We support TRUE eco-system management of our forests.
- Utah Association of Counties
- UAC is a voluntary, state-wide organization operated by the 29 counties of Utah. UAC was formed in 1924 to help counties provide effective county governance to the people of Utah. UAC offers a broad range of management and intergovernmental relations services to county commissioners and other county officials.
Veyhl, Eric Property Rights
- Washington Forest Protection Association
- Founded in 1908 to help fight and prevent uncontrolled forest fires, WFPA members large and small companies, families and individual members own and manage almost 5,000,000 acres of forests (almost 2/3 of the private commercial forestland in Washington state).
- Washington State Horse Council
- Unified voice for Washington equestrians in common causes campaigning to protect and preserve the rights and interests of all equestrians in the state.
- Western Counties' Resources Policy Institute (WCRPI)
- To promote the public interest by bringing greater balance to the natural resources policy debate by ensuring that important issues are identified and that they are debated fully, truthfully and factually.
- Western States Petroleum Association
- Represents the full spectrum of companies that account for most of the exploration, production, refining, transportation, and marketing of petroleum and its products in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
- Wood Industries Information Center (WIIC)
- The starting place for locating the views and news of the wood-based industries on current issues.
- American Heritage Rivers Initiative
- President Clinton's newest attempt at land management on a nationwide scale through our river systems.
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Katie McGinty, Chair. This new "advisory" post in the Administration wields a lot of power in the White House. Primary mission is the oversight of NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) but is involved in almost every aspect of government. Most recently the American Heritage Rivers Initiative.
- Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Register
- The official government records. Every official act in Congress, the Administration, Supreme Court, etc. is recorded here, as it begins, runs through comment period and becomes law.
- General Accounting Office (GAO)
- Interior Columbia River Basin Ecosystem Management Project
- The biggest single "land-grab" management scheme in history. 72 million acres of Federal land in 7 Western states are involved (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Washington and Wyoming).
- National Park Service
- President's Council on Sustainable Development
- PCSD was established in June 1993 and adopted the definition as stated in the original Brundtland Commission report: development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Thomas - Follow Congressional Legislation
- Congress' official website. Track any Federal legislation, look-up the history of past Congresses. What's happening in Congress this week.
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- US Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS)
- US Forest Service (USFS)
- US House Resources Committee
- US Man & Biosphere
US Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
For More Information Contact:
American Land Rights Association
Tel: 360-687-3087 - FAX: 360-687-2973
Email us with questions or comments about this web site.
All pages on this website are ©1999-2006, American Land Rights Association. Permission is granted to use any and all information herein, as long as credit is given to ALRA